07 June 2009

Exam Stress and European Elections


Well, my first exam is on Monday so my stress levels are sky high. However, political developments have kept me busy enough to avoid a complete meltdown. The European election are the first elections I have been really involved in and I loved every minute of it! I was given very menial tasks: collecting polling numbers, leafleting, ticking numbers off lists etc. However, it gives you that sense that you're contributing to something larger. Maybe one day, I'll be the person I'm trying to get people to vote for!

The other thing keeping me busy (aside from revision) is fundraising: I did an internship in a small West African country, Benin, and I'm currently trying to raise funds for an NGO called Espoir de Demain (Tomorrow's Hope) to try and get 200 orphans to school. I've read so many websites about how to deal with exam stress, but it's focussing on the bigger issues like this that helps me keep things in perspective. (I also try and avoid other stressed out people, eat lots of M&S raspberry royales -yum!, and ring my boyfriend for moral support).

I have been rather stunned by the lack of women in the new cabinet, but unfortunately the books beckon, so that rant will have to wait for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment